3 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon kosher salt
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
3 cups part-skim ricotta
3 cups grated Monterey Jack cheese
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
One 14-ounce can green enchilada sauce
One 14-ounce can red enchilada sauce
11 cooked lasagna noodles, cooled
2 cups grated sharp Cheddar
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Heat a cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat and add the vegetable oil. Mix together the chili powder, cumin, garlic powder and salt in a small bowl. Sprinkle the chicken breasts with half the spice mix. Add the chicken to the skillet and cook, flipping once, until done in the middle, about 9 minutes total. Set aside to cool, then shred.
- In a large bowl, mix together the ricotta, Monterey Jack, parsley and the rest of the spice mix.
- In a lasagna pan, pour in a little of both enchilada sauces. Add a layer of 4 noodles, spoon on half the ricotta mixture, sprinkle on half the chicken and pour on a little more of both enchilada sauces. Add another layer of 4 noodles and repeat, ending with a layer of 3 lasagna noodles, the rest of the sauce and the Cheddar on top.
- Bake until bubbly, about 30 minutes.